CSR to us at BMI means more than just helping employees who know us. We believe in lending a helping hand to the community at large that helps the nation move forward. Knowledge and education is of utmost necessity for a country to progress therefore keeping this in mind we base most of our projects on this philosophy.
Listed below are a few CSR projects sponsored by BMI.
- Rajasinghe Vidyalaya, Dematagoda (together with NCCSL, 2013)
- Uduthurai MV, Thalayady (Library project together with CandleAid, 2011)
- Karuna Nillayam Orphanage, Killinochchi (Library project together with CandleAid, 2011)
- Mahajana College, Batticoloa, (Sponsorship of students together with CMI, 2010)
- Vavuniya schools (Library project, 2007)
- Bogahawatte Boddirukkarama Temple, Talawakelle (Library project together with AFLAC, 2007)
- Orphans Sponsorship Programme in Batticoloa (Together with CCC, 2007)
- Ceylinco Grameen Poverty Alleviation Project – Narahenpita, (2003)
- Planting of 1000 trees in Jaffna
BMI Sports & Welfare club activities.
- Maithri Orphanage – Outing for orphans & lunch at McDonalds. Magic show at orphanage. Donation of dry rations – 2002
- Grace Perera Home for Elders – Provided meals and attended to urgent repair work – 2002
- Navagamuwa Hospital – Painting and Tiling work of Five Wards – 2002
- Somananda Vidyalaya – Painting and repairing work of 04 single storied buildings – 2002
- We assisted Tsunami victims – 2004
- Flood victims – Donation of dry rations, repairing of an affected house – 2016
Reinstating a coconut estate in Jaffna that was devastated by the war to its original state by planting 1000 trees
Rebuilding and protecting our natural ecosystem is not our responsibility but our duty towards the future generations of Sri Lanka. On Sri Lankan Independence Day, BMI Holdings collaborated with the Security headquarters Vanni Security Force Commander to plant 500 Jack trees in Vanni area. The Sri Lanka Army, Navy & Airforce and the children from the nearby villages took great pride in planting these trees, we like to thank them for coming forward and lending a helping hand towards this noble cause.