CSR to us at BMI means more than just helping employees who know us. We believe in lending a helping hand to the community at large that helps the nation move forward. Knowledge and education is of utmost necessity for a country to progress therefore keeping this in mind we base most of our projects on this philosophy.
Listed below are a few CSR projects sponsored by BMI.
- Rajasinghe Vidyalaya, Dematagoda (together with NCCSL, 2013)
- Uduthurai MV, Thalayady (Library project together with CandleAid, 2011)
- Karuna Nillayam Orphanage, Killinochchi (Library project together with CandleAid, 2011)
- Mahajana College, Batticoloa, (Sponsorship of students together with CMI, 2010)
- Vavuniya schools (Library project, 2007)
- Bogahawatte Boddirukkarama Temple, Talawakelle (Library project together with AFLAC, 2007)
- Orphans Sponsorship Programme in Batticoloa (Together with CCC, 2007)
- Ceylinco Grameen Poverty Alleviation Project – Narahenpita, (2003)
- Planting of 1000 trees in Jaffna
BMI Sports & Welfare club activities.
- Maithri Orphanage – Outing for orphans & lunch at McDonalds. Magic show at orphanage. Donation of dry rations – 2002
- Grace Perera Home for Elders – Provided meals and attended to urgent repair work – 2002
- Navagamuwa Hospital – Painting and Tiling work of Five Wards – 2002
- Somananda Vidyalaya – Painting and repairing work of 04 single storied buildings – 2002
- We assisted Tsunami victims – 2004
- Flood victims – Donation of dry rations, repairing of an affected house – 2016